Delta Society’s Pet Partners® Course is sponsored by Dogs on Call, Inc. a volunteer organization. This two-day course will provide all participants the knowledge, tools and assistance to support you in preparing to become a Pet Partner Team as well as:
- Scope of being a registered Delta Society Pet Partners Team; including volunteer responsibilities, being your animal’s advocate, facilities and settings in which to visit, regulations and policies and visiting techniques.
- Receive tools, techniques as well as facilitated discussions, exercises and simulations.
- Understanding of how to visit with their animal, step-by-step, by successfully implementing best practices for visiting in a variety of facilities and settings.
- Detailed demonstration of the steps involved and requirements for the Pet Partner Team Evaluation as well as a mock evaluation
The course is for handlers only. The only animals will be our registered Delta teams used in demonstrations. Course participants must attend the entire two day course.
Course Schedule: Pet Partner Training Courses are two full days (8:30-5 p.m.). Courses will be offered at least four times a year and are posted on the Delta Society website and here on our Calendar of Events page (hint – click on Agenda to see a list of all of our classes).
Course Location: Meriter Hospital, 202 S. Park Street, Madison WI 53715
Course Attendance: Minimum of 5 participants/Maximum of 15 participants.
Course Fee Schedule:
$100 One Person (includes text book and evaluation)
$135 Two Persons in same family sharing a textbook with two people being evaluated.
Contact: Artie Berning
Delta Society Additional Fees:
- All animals are required to have a vet screening. This cost is incurred by the team using their own veterinarian
- Delta Society Registration Fee